Re: For review: 1 new and 3 updated articles about language declarations in HTML

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 22:49:39 +0100
To: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
CC: www International <www-international@w3.org>
On 02/09/2011 23:24, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
> Leif Halvard Silli, Fri, 2 Sep 2011 22:08:15 +0200:
>>> Hmm. I'm not convinced. You suggestions don't actually say what I
>>> intend (eg. there's no versus implied), and i'm not particularly
>>> worried that the title is vague.  I'm going to punt on this.
>> This may not sound any more convincing …  But the title can be read as
>> "HTTP for language info&  meta for language info". If that is what is
>> meant, then it should be expressed clearer - e.g.: "Use of HTTP and the
>> meta element for language information" would be clearer.
> Btw, currently, the title can also be interpreted as "HTTP and meta
> [something] for language information".

Title changed to: HTTP headers and meta elements and language information

Question: For HTML, should we use language declarations in HTTP headers
and meta elements, and how are they different from those in language

Richard Ishida
Internationalization Activity Lead
W3C (World Wide Web Consortium)

Register for the W3C MultilingualWeb Workshop!
Limerick, 21-22 September 2011