Re: Draft for review: Personal names around the world

On 8/28/11 5:34 AM, Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu wrote:
> The article doesn't mention that a few people, especially Japanese,
> uppercase their family names and place it in front. Ambrose pointed out
> that this practice has a French origin.

I'm Japanese, and I do this sometimes, but I don't think many Japanese
do this.  Most people just Westernize their name order to Given name - Surname.

I thought this practice is in Europe where there are some culture (Hungarian.
any other?)
exists where the surname comes before the given name.  I also see this
in Hollywood movie credits and ads in these days.

--
KUROSAKA ("Kuro") Teruhiko, Berkeley, California, USA