Re: Fwd: For review: 1 new and 3 updated articles about language declarations in HTML

From: Gunnar Bittersmann <gunnar@bittersmann.de>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 15:45:48 +0200
To: www-international@w3.org
>>> 1 Working with language in HTML (tutorial format)
>>> http://www.w3.org/International/tutorials/new-language-decl/Overview.
>>> en.php/
>
> Thanks for this, Bert. That was simply a mistake. I should have written
> selector, and I'll change it to that.

That was also one of may options. The other ones are:
→ Use the :lang pseudo-class selector in CSS
→ Use the :lang pseudo-class in CSS
→ Use :lang in CSS selectors
or simply
→ Use :lang in CSS

When you’ll be editing the Nutshell section:

just use the xml:lang attribute
(set xml:lang in monospace font)
→ just use the <code class="kw">xml:lang</code> attribute

Choose tags from the IANA Subtag Registry
(what kind of tags is not clear until the end of the paragraph)
→ Choose language tags from the IANA Subtag Registry

Cheers,
Gunnar