Re: Fwd: For review: 1 new and 3 updated articles about language declarations in HTML

From: Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 14:25:37 +0200
To: www-international@w3.org
On Thursday 18 August 2011 17:50:19 Richard Ishida wrote:

> Comments are being sought on the following new articles prior to
> final publication. NOTE THAT the articles are in a temporary
> location, and will be moved to their final location after the
> review.
>
> 1    Working with language in HTML (tutorial format)
>
> http://www.w3.org/International/tutorials/new-language-decl/Overview.
> en.php/

In the context of CSS, I typically use the word "property" as a
technical term for the first part of a CSS declaration and speak about
"feature," "characteristic" or some such term when I mean a property in
the dictionary sense.

So it may be that calling ':lang' a property will confuse some people.
The technical term in CSS is "pseudo-class" or more generally
"selector." (Further down in the article you indeed use those terms.)
Maybe there is a creative way to avoid the word "property"?

Bert