Re: Draft for review: Personal names around the world

From: T. Kuro Kurosaka <kuro@bhlab.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2011 16:17:47 -0700
To: Gunnar Bittersmann <gunnar@bittersmann.de>
CC: www-international@w3.org

On 8/7/11 3:49 PM, Gunnar Bittersmann wrote:
> I have met a woman who has introduced herself as Doktor Mustermann

This is an interesting point. Japan is one of those countries where titles
are very important but when someone introduce themselves, they never put
the title to their names.  Tanaka-bucho would say "I'm Tanaka.  I am
being named a bucho of this section."  Even in the U.S. I have heard
people introducing themselves as "Mr. Smith", or "Doctor Keller".
This never happens in Japan.

--
KUROSAKA ("Kuro") Teruhiko, Berkeley, California, USA