RE: Draft for review: Working with Time Zones

From: Phillips, Addison <addison@lab126.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 08:24:00 -0800
To: John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org>, Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
CC: www International <www-international@w3.org>

> There is absolutely no mention of leap seconds,

Not mentioning leap seconds was an oversight, stemming from the fact that the document sought to focus on time zones rather than timekeeping. Of course, there is no discussion of the one without the other.

> It's essential that this be rewritten to take leap seconds into
> account,
> as they say, early and often.

Well, once or sometimes twice a year in certain years :-).

> Either that, or all talk of
> incremental time must be banished.

I doubt we can banish talk of incremental time without making the document significantly less useful. However, addressing this is straightforward.

Addison

Addison Phillips
Globalization Architect (Lab126)
Chair (W3C I18N, IETF IRI WGs)