I18N-ISSUE-62: Case requirements [Polyglot]

From: Internationalization Core Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 10:23:35 +0000
To: www-international@w3.org

I18N-ISSUE-62: Case requirements [Polyglot]

Raised by: Richard Ishida
On product: Polyglot

6.2.3 Attribute values

WG Approved: Yes

" however, case requirements do not apply to non-ASCII letters such as Greek, Cyrillic, or non-ASCII Latin letters. "

We are confused by this text. Scripts such as Greek, Cyrillic, and Armenian do have case distinctions, and those distinctions are significant in XML if you have attribute names or values in those scripts. But we are not clear when any characters from those scripts or non-ASCII Latin letters are used for attribute names or values in HTML.

Please clarify for us what the intent is.

(There is similar text in 6.2.2)

Please add comments to bugzilla:

IMPORTANT: This issue was moved from our old review tracking system to the new tracker system. For previous mail relating to this issue, see: