I18N-ISSUE-60: Omit the either/or list [Polyglot]

From: Internationalization Core Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 10:20:06 +0000
To: www-international@w3.org

I18N-ISSUE-60: Omit the either/or list [Polyglot]

Raised by: Richard Ishida
On product: Polyglot

3. Character Encoding

WG Approved: Yes

" In short, for correct character encoding, polyglot markup must either: "

The MUST is too strong. There is no problem with using more than one declaration, and in an earlier comment we said that we recommend that you have a readable declaration in the source in addition to a UTF8/16 encoding.

I think it is better just to omit the list and it's lead-in paragraph "In short, for correct ...".

The information is contained in the following paragraph that starts with "If polyglot markup uses an encoding other than..."

Please add comments to bugzilla:

IMPORTANT: This issue was moved from our old review tracking system to the new tracker system. For previous mail relating to this issue, see: