Re: [css3-text] text-transform: han-numerals

From: MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 18:52:21 +0900
To: Takayuki Akimoto <taka-akimoto@thoton.co.jp>
Cc: brad.kemper@gmail.com, www-style@w3.org, kojiishi@gluesoft.co.jp, alan@css-class.com, www-international@w3.org, fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net, Charles.Belov@sfmta.com
Akimoto-san,

> Microsoft Excel 2007 Japanese Edition supports NUMBERSTRING() function.

Thanks for providing this information.

I searched for this function ISO/IEC 29500-1 (OOXML).  To my surprise,
it is not there.  But 17.18.59 ST_NumberFormat (Numbering Format)
provides numbering formats.  It appears to be the basis of the NUMBERSTRING
function.  This subclause has almost 50 pages.

It covers many formats such as chineseCounting, bahtText (Thai Baht Text) ,
arabicAbjad (Arabic Abjad Numerals), chosung (Korean Chosung Numbering),
ganada (Korean Ganada Numbering), hindiConsonants (Hindi Consonants) ,
japaneseCounting (Japanese Counting System) , japaneseLegal (Japanese Legal Numbering)
and so forth.  (Note: decimalFullWidth2  has been deleted by a
subsequent technical corrigendum.)

ISO/IEC 29500-1 is freely available at:

http://standards.iso.org/ittf/PubliclyAvailableStandards/c051463_ISOIEC_29500-1_2008(E).zip

Cheers,