Re: [css3-text] text-transform: han-numerals

On 29 October 2010 06:24, Ambrose LI <ambrose.li@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't think this is even a question of preference. Alan's so-called
> decimal system is extremely unnatural for han languages, and while we
> can find such use in print, it is used very sparingly as it is
> extremely difficult to read and can cause confusion.

Perhaps I should say this is *normally* extremely difficult to read.
But I forgot to mention that there are cases that Alan's proposal
actually makes sense (e.g., when the numbers are years, telephone
numbers, serial numbers, and the like).

Since the computer wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the
two cases, IMHO it'd be better we don't even try to convert the digits
to han numerals. IMHO it's not worth it and it's counter-productive.

--
cheers,
-ambrose