RE: For review: Using <b> and <i> tags

Hi!

Suppose that the text is translated into Japanese but some English terms are left intact and some of these terms in English must be italicized.  Since Foreign language styling is not considered the best option, the only option is to create two styling for two classes of i tags -- a pain.

But yes, you could have different classes of i tags in this case; that might work --if the class is somehow changed automatically during translation.  Otherwise going through the document and changing the tags individually after a translation would be a nuisance (and translators are not always web developers and vice versa).

Best,

--C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar@hotmail.com