RE: Comments on Best Practices for Authoring HTML: RTL scripts

Thanks for this useful feedback.  Notes below...

============
Richard Ishida
Internationalization Lead
W3C (World Wide Web Consortium)

http://www.w3.org/International/
http://rishida.net/

I totally agree that semantic names should be chosen for class names whenever possible.  I think this will mean creating more complicated examples, but I will do so.  You're right that the over-simplistic examples currently used are not good.

> BP 3, Example 8:

> As this looks like an XHTML document, I believe the attribute
> |xml:lang=""| would be more appropriate.

Ah, thanks for drawing my attention to that.  I converted the visible example text to HTML from the original XHTML before publishing, and I forgot to remove the xmlns in this example.  I'll remove it.

> BP 6, Example 9:

> soft! What light through yonder window breaks? It is the east, and Juliet is the
> sun.</blockquote>
>
> This snippet is incorrect HTML for two reasons: it uses |cite=""|
> incorrectly—the value should be a URI, and the contents of a
> /block/quote must be blocks. A more correct version would be

> window breaks? It is the east, and Juliet is the sun.</p></blockquote>

You're right.  I'll change it.

> Hoping these comments will help to improve the draft

Very useful.  Thanks!

RI