Re: RFC 4790 code point collation identifier

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 16:49:43 +0100
To: Arnt Gulbrandsen <arnt@oryx.com>
Cc: collation@ietf.org, www-international@w3.org
* Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:
>Perhaps RFC 5051. At a superficial glance, it and the the default
>collation described in XQ 7.3.1 look equivalent.

As I understand it, i;unicode-casemap performs case conversion and some
normalization and then compares the result. What I am looking for, and
what I think the default collation is, is strict Unicode identity. Put
simply, represent both strings as UTF-8 sequences and apply i;octet.

>That document landed in my lap after a while. If you care I could finish
>it. There isn't much left to do. (I didn't finish it until now for a
>variety of reasons. Mostly blah health blah priority blah.)

I found that draft and think it would be nice if it was finished, but
there is no hurry, from my perspective, to finish it.