Re: Handling Aboriginal Languages

From: John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 11:15:39 -0500
To: Brian Cassidy <brian.cassidy@gmail.com>
Cc: www-international@w3.org

Brian Cassidy scripsit:

> Now, traditionally I just do everything in utf-8 and send that across
> the wire. However, with this language, are there even unicode
> codepoints for it? If so, how would i do the data entry? There are
> fonts available for the language so i could "cheat" and go that route
> as well.

There surely is Unicode support for all the characters in that font,
although some of them may require combining-character support.  You need
to find out if most of the intended audience are using old systems that
don't do Unicode, though.

--
There is no real going back.  Though I          John Cowan
may come to the Shire, it will not seem         cowan@ccil.org