Re: Testing IRI fragment identifiers

From: Leif Halvard Silli <lhs@malform.no>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 04:45:12 +0100
To: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
CC: www-international@w3.org

Richard Ishida 2008-12-15 22.16:
> I added a couple of tests to my revised set of IDN and IRI
> tests, to be found (unannounced as yet) at
> http://www.w3.org/International/tests/html/test-resid-0.html

Another thing that I think those tests should include samples of
is the use of character entities and numerical character
references in the name="" attribute. [1]

E.g. what if the we have a fragment link <a href="#æøå">æøå</a>,
and a fragment identifier <a name="&aelig;&oslash;&aring;">æøå</a>?

It turns out that, for UTF-8 encoded documents, Firefox 3 has no
problem with this, and Safari neither. Even IE6 works fine. I
think eventualy (based on tests I did in the past), the problems
begins when one does not use UTF-8.

As what goes for Opera, based on the older versions I have kept,
it seems things worked fine until Opera 9.5 was released ore
something ...

[1] http://w3.org/TR/html401/struct/links.html#h-12.3
[2] http://w3.org/TR/html401/appendix/notes.html#non-ascii-chars
--