Re: Ideographic Space, word-spacing, and justification

From: KOBAYASHI Tatsuo(FAMILY Given) <tlk@kobysh.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 15:48:37 +0900
To: "KUROSAKA Teruhiko" <kuro@bhlab.com>
Cc: "Steve Deach" <sdeach@adobe.com>, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, "WWW International" <www-international@w3.org>, "Paul Nelson" <paulnel@winse.microsoft.com>, "Michel Suignard" <michel@unicode.org>
Kurokawa-san,

Have you read following document?
Requirements of Japanese Text Layout (English
version<http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-jlreq-20081015/>,
Japanese version <http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-jlreq-20081015/ja/>).

If not yet, please once read the document, especially chapter 3.
You can easily find a lot of examples of "Japanese spaces" used to adjust
line lenght to the kinon hanmen.
If you already read the document, your comments is highly appreciated to
elaborate our draft.
Could you send your comments by 15th Nov.?

2008/10/31 KUROSAKA Teruhiko <kuro@bhlab.com>

> Kobayashi-san,
>
> > In our Japanese Requirement, IDEOGRAPHIC SPACE is only explicitly used
> > as space after [?] and [!].
> >
> > IDEOGRAPHIC SPACE does not behave as spaces before and after ideographic
> > punctuation characters.
>
> I don't understand what you mean by this.  This may be because I don't
> understand the context of the original question:

I roughly translated Kobayashi-sensei's mail, so my translation might not
clear.
If you would like to read Kobayashi-sensei's original mail in Japanese, I
will forward the mail.

--
KOBAYASHI Tatsuo(小林龍生)
Scholex Co., Ltd. Yokohama