Re: Ideographic Space, word-spacing, and justification

From: KOBAYASHI Tatsuo(FAMILY Given) <tlk@kobysh.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 08:35:55 +0900
To: "Michel SUIGNARD" <Michel@suignard.com>
Cc: "Steve Deach" <sdeach@adobe.com>, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, "WWW International" <www-international@w3.org>, "Paul Nelson" <paulnel@winse.microsoft.com>
Michel,

2008/10/31 6:42 Michel SUIGNARD <Michel@suignard.com>:

>  Saying that ideographic space is only used after '?' and '!' is nice, but
> text layout has still accommodate its occurrence anywhere in text run,
> desired or not.

Thanks for hitting the point!
Through a bunch of discussion with Anan-san, Liam, Steve Zilles and others,
we decided to produce somewhat ideal requirement without consideration for
historical constraint and contradiction. However, the purpose is not ignore
such issues but seek some reasonable landing point between ideal and real
:-)

--
KOBAYASHI Tatsuo(小林龍生)
Scholex Co., Ltd. Yokohama