Re: XML Core -> I18n Core: IRIs as namespace names?

At 15:32 08/08/16, Frank Ellermann wrote:

>Just in case, a "real" URI with a DNS <host> name, not some
>b%c3%bccher.example for the "real" xn--bcher-kva.example

The former (b%c3%bccher.example) is allowed per URI spec
(RFC 3986), so any claim that this is not a 'real' URI
is weird. It may not yet be supported very widely, but
that's a question of time. Moving in this direction is
the right thing to do, because after all, the U in URI
stands (potentially among else) for uniform.

In the meantime, the IRI spec allows conversion to
xn--bcher-kva.example. Also, for the time being, I'd
suggest using the later in a general context. (The former
is very helpful internal to implementations, to say
the least.)

Regards,   Martin.