RE: Updated tests & results: Language declarations

Leif,

Many thanks for spotting this important error.  I have corrected the test page (and checked the others), rerun the tests and updated the results page.  Because this casts in doubt the findings of the earlier tests, I have removed those results from the results page.

The difference that this causes is that, when a meta tag is used, Firefox now detects the language for :lang (but not for font selection, just like for the HTTP test), and Safari also detects the language for :lang (it doesn't do font selection), even though Safari doesn't recognize the HTTP header declaration.

IE and Opera continue to not recognize the meta declaration at all.

I don't have a test for what happens if the meta tag declares several languages at once to be the default. I may add one using the model of the multiple-value-in-HTTP tests I have.

Cheers,
RI

Richard Ishida
Internationalization Lead