Re: are there lots of URLs that have non-UTF-8 percent-encoded octets in them?

From: Erik van der Poel <erikv@google.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 11:35:28 +0200
To: "Frank Ellermann" <hmdmhdfmhdjmzdtjmzdtzktdkztdjz@gmail.com>
Cc: www-international@w3.org

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 2:56 AM, Frank Ellermann
<nobody@xyzzy.claranet.de> wrote:
> Only the server - assuming it is a
> http URI - knows what if anything should be decoded

Yes, that is why I mentioned the HTTP server side. I'm guessing that
the Python folks want to come up with an API that is especially useful
on the HTTP server side.

If they want an API that is useful on the HTML/HTTP client side, they
will need a different routine (including IDNA for the host, conversion
to non-UTF-8 encodings for the query).

Erik