Re: [Comment on WS-I18N WD]

From: Frank Ellermann <nobody@xyzzy.claranet.de>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 16:16:08 +0200
To: www-international@w3.org

Felix Sasaki wrote:

> I'm using a search engine with an English or German user
> interface, but I want to get results from the area of Japan.

For one of the two search engines you have mentioned the
hl=de parameter picks the UI (~ "help language: German").

To get results limited to JP you can add &cr=countryJP
to your query URL.  More radically you can add site:jp
to the query string, but this eliminates JP results in
other TLDs.  "Local search" is no I18N issue, or is it?

 Frank