Feedback for "An Introduction to Multilingual Web Addresses"

From: Jens Meiert <jens@meiert.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 14:29:15 +0200
To: "Richard Ishida" <ishida@w3.org>
Cc: www-international@w3.org
Hi Richard,

I am feeling free to give quick feedback to "An Introduction to
Multilingual Web Addresses"
<http://www.w3.org/International/articles/idn-and-iri/>:

* "Resolving a domain name": Typo in "xn–" (probably due to automatic
conversion of "--" to "–").

* "Domain Name lookup": Missing "is" in "as a simple fallback solution
until IDN widely supported".

* "Domain names and phishing", "For example, bäcker.com will not work
if your language preferences include only English, but will work if
you have, say, German or French in your preferences": This is probably
even true but confusing nonetheless as, correct me if I'm wrong,
French does not contain "a" umlauts. Thus, just referring to German or
replacing French by Finnish might be better.

* Dto.: Typo in "devanagari", should start with a capital D.

However, the document is still a good read, and I could not spot any
content-related issues. :)

Cheers,
 Jens.

--