Re: Digression: little/big endian numbers LTR/RTL

From: John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 16:30:54 -0400
To: CE Whitehead <cewcathar@hotmail.com>
Cc: John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>, www-international@w3.org, Najib Tounsi <ntounsi@emi.ac.ma>

CE Whitehead scripsit:

> You can tell for phone numbers and P.O. Boxes; that's why I chose that example.

No, I'm afraid you misunderstand.

If you write 1 and then move to the right and write 2 and then move to
the right and write 3, you get:

		123

But if you write 3 and then move to the left and write 2 and then move
to the left and write 1, you get:

		123

There is no way for me to tell, unless I watch you do it, how you wrote
the digits.

--
An observable characteristic is not necessarily         John Cowan
a functional requirement.  --John Hudson                cowan@ccil.org