Multi-tagged html files in Apache

From: Leif Halvard Silli <lhs@malform.no>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 02:53:17 +0200
To: www-international@w3.org

When a file needs to be mapped to more than one language tag, then
in Apache, via Multiviews, one could for instance - taking
Norwegian as example - do this:

  index.en.html    (mapped to 'en' and served as default)
  index.nn.html    (mapped to 'nn')
  index.nb.no.html (mapped to 'nb' as well as 'no')

Then, both browsers asking for 'nb' and browsers asking for 'no'
will be served the content of 'index.nb.no.html'.

Do you agree with me that this is good way of doing it?

This method should work even for the Dinka language and many other
macro language situations and other times when it is logical. For
instance, if I wanted that all browses preferring Swedish or
Danish to also get the Bokmål file, then I could just add e.g. .sv
and .da, like this: index.nb.no.sv.da.html.
--
leif halvard silli