[widgets] Authorative reference to CP437

From: Marcos Caceres <marcosscaceres@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 09:29:36 +1000
To: www-international@w3.org, "WAF WG (public)" <public-appformats@w3.org>

Hi,
I'm wondering if anyone can help the WAF WG with an authoritative
reference for IBM CP437. For the Widget specs, we currently point to:
"cp437_DOSLatinUS to Unicode table."
ftp://ftp.unicode.org/Public/MAPPINGS/VENDORS/MICSFT/PC/CP437.TXT

Is that suitable for the purposes of standardization? or maybe someone
knows of something better?

The other reference that has been recommended is:
http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/reference/oem/437.mspx

I am reluctant to point to the Microsoft website as they have a
tendency to continuously change their URIs.

Kind regards,
Marcos
--
Marcos Caceres