RE: Internationalized Domain Names (IDNs) in progress

Yes. My point was that even in English I have taken action to find a home
page address that is more easily memorable and communicable than
people.w3.org/rishida (which is not so complicated to start with, but
sufficiently so to cause problems), so it is clear to me that URIs are not
always opaque, and that furthermore being able to write them in your own
language and script has got to be very helpful.

RI

Richard Ishida
Internationalization Lead
W3C (World Wide Web Consortium)