Re: CSS vs. markup for bidi support

Richard Ishida wrote:
> Hi fantasai,
>
> Thanks for coming back on that point, which got overlooked during the last
> rewrite.
>
> I have changed the text at
> http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-bidi-css-markup.en.php#xhtml to
> clearly reflect the expectation that the HTML semantics are used for XHTML
> 1.0 served as application/xhtml+xml.
>
> I have not mentioned the namespace question, though my inclination is to
> agree with Bert on that (thanks Bert).

If XHTML semantics are not associated with XHTML-namespaced elements in
generic XML, then I believe CDF has a problem to solve. That should just
work: that's the whole *point* of having namespaces.

Looking at XHTML1:3.2, I think Bert's interpretation is wrong and Christopher
Strobbe's interpretation is correct. That statement basically says that 'name'
attributes on <a> elements shall not be recognized as fragment identifiers.
It is not saying that XHTML sent as XML should lose all its semantics. At least
that is my interpretation; I invite Steven Pemberton to clarify the original
intent of that quote.

~fantasai