Re: Arabic IDN (simple) example

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 09:11:22 +0100
To: Najib Tounsi <ntounsi@emi.ac.ma>
Cc: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>, 'WWW International' <www-international@w3.org>

Najib Tounsi wrote:
> Hi Richard,
> To verify a click on an Arabic IDN, here is one which point to a server:
> http://المدرسة.المحمدية.للمهندسين.emi.ac.ma/

Useful example, thanks...

FWIW... clicking on this (perfectly displayed) link in my Thunderbird
email client, v2beta2 gives an error via

"Server not found .... Firefox can't find the server at

> It is combined with emi.ac.ma to run within our DNS server.
> You can also link to it from the page:
> http://www.emi.ac.ma/ntounsi/iri-emi.html

The link in that page works just fine, Firefox, in the same
browser which Thunderbird incorrectly invokes above.

Maybe this behaviour is well-known...