RE: For review: An Introduction to Multilingual Web Addresses

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 18:39:16 +0100
To: <Michael.Monaghan@Sun.COM>
Cc: <www-international@w3.org>

Well, the test should verify that there are no such effects in other browsers too.

> Also, did you see Najib's email of March 7? - He made the
> point that even for some 'supported' TLDs, Firefox displays
> Arabic & Hebrew domain names in punycode.
> Yet, if you mix some Latin characters with the Arabic [and
> possibly Hebrew] domain names, they render fine... peculiar.
> Anyway, it would be useful to include some Arabic/Hebrew IDNs
> in the list of examples.

Yes, I've just been waiting for time to do something about those tests.  I just created a new test page and results page for it.  I kept them separate since they are not quite the same type of test.

Note btw, that the Devanagari example in the initial set of tests exhibits the same weird behaviour in Firefox.