Re: Translation of working draft "Specifying Language in XHTML and HTML Content"

From: CE Whitehead <cewcathar@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 11:12:17 -0500
To: christophe.strobbe@esat.kuleuven.be, www-international@w3.org

Hmm, the content language is not for the most part anything other than
human, unless it includes snitches of code.

So I still think "natural" is sort of excessive, but anyway, not important.

Thanks.

--C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar@hotmail.com

>Hi,
>
>At 20:09 9/03/2007, CE Whitehead wrote:
>
>>Hi, when I emailed you before requesting to translate the working draft,
>>"Internationalization Best Practices: Specifying Language in XHTML & HTML
>>Content"
>>(http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-i18n-html-tech-lang-20060721/)
>>I was told not to translate a working draft as such was subject to change;
>>then in another discussion someone mentioned that links to such
>>translations were welcome through the email at the discussion list for the
>>working draft.
>>
>>(...)
>>Also a question about "the natural language of the content"--what other
>>languages are used in the content?  So this was really a question about
>>wording; thought "natural" was redundant here.)
>
>This refers to "human language", as opposed to computer languages, so
>"natural" is not redundant, although I find it a misnomer [1].
>
>Best regards,
>
>Christophe
>
>[1]
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-international/2007JanMar/0028.html
>
>--
>Christophe Strobbe
>K.U.Leuven - Departement of Electrical Engineering - Research Group on
>Document Architectures
>Kasteelpark Arenberg 10 - 3001 Leuven-Heverlee - BELGIUM
>tel: +32 16 32 85 51
>http://www.docarch.be/
>

>Disclaimer: http://www.kuleuven.be/cwis/email_disclaimer.htm

Rates near 39yr lows!  $430K Loan for $1,399/mo - Paying Too Much? Calculate
new payment
http://www.lowermybills.com/lre/index.jsp?sourceid=lmb-9632-18226&moid=7581