Re: natural language vs human language

From: Addison Phillips <addison@yahoo-inc.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 14:57:16 -0800
To: Najib Tounsi <ntounsi@emi.ac.ma>
CC: Mark Davis <mark.davis@icu-project.org>, Christophe Strobbe <christophe.strobbe@esat.kuleuven.be>, www-international@w3.org

>> Or from a W3C perspective: "markup language".
> Isn't "markup language" a kind of "programming language" as opposed to
> "natural language"?

If one insists that there are only two kinds of language, sure. But I'm
not sure that such a distinction is necessarily binary. CharMod in
particular defines "markup language" as a term, meaning, basically, the
gunk in your file that *isn't* natural/human language. In other words,
data formats.

Addison

--
Addison Phillips