Re: [Fwd: Language Ontology]

From: Marc <marc@geonames.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 08:18:11 +0200
To: "Elisa F. Kendall" <ekendall@sandsoft.com>
CC: Debbie Garside <md@ictenterprise.co.uk>, "'WWW International'" <www-international@w3.org>, "'Semantic web list'" <semantic-web@w3.org>, "'LTRU Working Group'" <ltru@ietf.org>

Hi Elisa

A huge resource for place names in local languages is the geonames.org
project [1]. The countryInfo in the export section includes the official
languages per country and official languages for first order
administrative divisions or even finer granularity should soon be available.

Best regards

Marc Wick
www.geonames.org

[1] http://www.geonames.org/export/