RE: [Ltru] Re: "mis" update review request (from ietf-languages)

From: Kent Karlsson <kent.karlsson14@comhem.se>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 13:35:21 +0200
To: "'CE Whitehead'" <cewcathar@hotmail.com>, <www-international@w3.org>

CE Whitehead wrote:

> (French works o.k. though in comments; you just leave off the accents;
> so you can have French or any Latin character set languages
> in the code part of a document)

Nit: Why do you leave off the accents? Comments are skipped in
their entirety (whatever the encoding). I have source code
with comments with all sorts of characters in them (most often
encoded in UTF-8), except something that terminates the comment
of course (linefeed or whatever). So far, none of the compilers
I regularly use in recent years has complained about that. String/
character literals and identifiers are unfortunately still another
matter.

	/k