Re: xml:base (was Re: IRI meets RDF meets HTTP redirect)

That looks to me like an issue against xml:base.

IRI (which of course wasn't around at the time) says, section 6.2:

[[
    Intermediate software interfaces between IRI-capable components and
    URI-only components MUST map the IRIs per section 3.1, when
    transferring from IRI-capable to URI-only components.  This mapping
    SHOULD be applied as late as possible.  It SHOULD NOT be applied
    between components that are known to be able to handle IRIs.
]]

There is no inherent limit on the [base URI] Infoset property,
motivating the restriction to URI rather than IRI. It seems to be a
requirement of a spec (XML Base?) that it be so.

Jeremy

--
Hewlett-Packard Limited
Registered No: 690597 England