RE: [Ltru] RE: For review: Tagging text with no language

From: Peter Constable <petercon@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 22:23:45 -0700
To: Mark Davis <mark.davis@icu-project.org>, Martin Hosken <martin_hosken@sil.org>
CC: LTRU Working Group <ltru@ietf.org>, "www-international@w3.org" <www-international@w3.org>
Agreed - seems pretty obvious to me.

Peter

________________________________
From: Mark Davis [mailto:mark.davis@icu-project.org]
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2007 10:24 AM
To: Martin Hosken
Cc: LTRU Working Group; www-international@w3.org
Subject: Re: [Ltru] RE: For review: Tagging text with no language

For that, I'd suggest und-Latn (or whatever the script is). Since only languages would have scripts, that is sufficiently determinate.
On 4/12/07, Martin Hosken <martin_hosken@sil.org<mailto:martin_hosken@sil.org>> wrote:
Dear All,

>> Q1. What tag should be used where it is definitely a language, but there
>> is no code available yet? (This is an area where ISO 15924 is ahead
>> of ISO 639 (and 3166), since it has Zzzz: Code for uncoded script.)

A related question is how to tag text that is definitely in a language
but I don't know what the language is. (But I might know the script).

Yours,
Martin

--
Mark