Re: [Ltru] RE: For review: Tagging text with no language

From: Mark Davis <mark.davis@icu-project.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 10:34:13 -0700
To: "Jukka K. Korpela" <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Cc: "LTRU Working Group" <ltru@ietf.org>, www-international@w3.org
I was answering the question "A related question is how to tag text that is
definitely in a language but I don't know what the language is. (But I might
know the script).", assuming that one knows the script.

But after seeing John's suggestion, a better choice might be "mis-Latn" (if
one knows that it is some language but not sure which or not able to encode,
written in Latin) and "mis" if one knows that it is some language (but
doesn't know the script).

Mark