Re: For review: Tagging text with no language

From: Mark Davis <mark.davis@icu-project.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:58:46 -0700
To: "John Cowan" <cowan@ccil.org>
Cc: "CE Whitehead" <cewcathar@hotmail.com>, www-international@w3.org
I believe that that is adding an interpretation to "und" which is not born
out by either the source standards, nor in common usage. In Unicode CLDR and
in ICU and within Google, to give a few cases, we do not interpret "und" in
the way in which you do. "und" just means that the status is undetermined or
unknown. It might be linguistic or might not -- that is also unknown.

Mark

--
Mark