Re: New web app: Searching for language subtags

From: CE Whitehead <cewcathar@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 12:31:48 -0400
To: bortzmeyer@nic.fr, www-international@w3.org
Cc: ishida@w3.org

>On Sun, Apr 01, 2007 at 03:14:09PM +0100,
>  Misha Wolf <Misha.Wolf@reuters.com> wrote
>  a message of 88 lines which said:
> > My one concern is that people who haven't been initiated into the
> > arcane mysteries of BCP 47, might misunderstand
>Yes, there are funny things for instance:
>"french" gives you three geographic regions, not one of them being
>France ("fr")
I entered
in the text box
and then selected from the Display List
(I could not select from the first display list at the same time; the
control code did not let me),
and I got a ton of regions having nothing to do with France:

(maybe it's my browser? the computer here?; Stephane got different

I like that you allowed persons to click on the name of a subtag and see the
remaining information;\
the prefix is really important.

Thanks very much; it is a lot more fun to use than the list certainly!!!!

>Knowing the registry, I can understand i, but ordinary users may
>deserve more warnings.
>Bug report: multiline comments are not properly handled, only the
>first line is displayed. See variant "1694acad" or region "gb" for an

Interest Rates near 39yr lows! $430,000 Mortgage for $1,399/mo - Calculate
new payment