Re: New web app: Searching for language subtags

From: CE Whitehead <cewcathar@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 12:31:48 -0400
To: bortzmeyer@nic.fr, www-international@w3.org
Cc: ishida@w3.org

>On Sun, Apr 01, 2007 at 03:14:09PM +0100,
>  Misha Wolf <Misha.Wolf@reuters.com> wrote
>  a message of 88 lines which said:
>
> > My one concern is that people who haven't been initiated into the
> > arcane mysteries of BCP 47, might misunderstand
>
>Yes, there are funny things for instance:
>
>"french" gives you three geographic regions, not one of them being
>France ("fr")

Hmm,
I entered
"french"
in the text box
and then selected from the Display List
"region"
(I could not select from the first display list at the same time; the
control code did not let me),
and I got a ton of regions having nothing to do with France:
http://people.w3.org/rishida/utils/subtags/index.php?searchtext=french&searchtype=4&submit=Show+result

(maybe it's my browser? the computer here?; Stephane got different
results??)

I like that you allowed persons to click on the name of a subtag and see the
remaining information;\
the prefix is really important.

Thanks very much; it is a lot more fun to use than the list certainly!!!!

>Knowing the registry, I can understand i, but ordinary users may
>deserve more warnings.
>
>Bug report: multiline comments are not properly handled, only the
>first line is displayed. See variant "1694acad" or region "gb" for an
>example.

Interest Rates near 39yr lows! $430,000 Mortgage for $1,399/mo - Calculate
new payment
http://www.lowermybills.com/lre/index.jsp?sourceid=lmb-9632-18466&moid=7581