Re: New web app: Searching for language subtags

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@nic.fr>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 11:48:02 +0200
To: WWW International <www-international@w3.org>, LTRU Working Group <ltru@ietf.org>

On Sun, Apr 01, 2007 at 03:14:09PM +0100,
 Misha Wolf <Misha.Wolf@reuters.com> wrote
 a message of 88 lines which said:

> My one concern is that people who haven't been initiated into the
> arcane mysteries of BCP 47, might misunderstand

Yes, there are funny things for instance:

"french" gives you three geographic regions, not one of them being
France ("fr")

Knowing the registry, I can understand i, but ordinary users may
deserve more warnings.

Bug report: multiline comments are not properly handled, only the
first line is displayed. See variant "1694acad" or region "gb" for an
example.