Re: Unicode conference papers

From: Erik van der Poel <erik@vanderpoel.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 21:10:12 -0800
To: "Martin Duerst" <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>
Cc: "Richard Ishida" <ishida@w3.org>, "Mark Davis" <mark.davis@icu-project.org>, Unicode <unicode@unicode.org>, www-international@w3.org

Hi Martin,

It's not clear what the authors intended, but if you have a look at
one of the shortest URLs with these tags, maybe you can guess their

Anyway, I just thought it was interesting that the most common pair of
"languages", was not actually a pair of languages at all! :-)

I believe we will see more problems in language tags than in "charset"
tags for a while because language tags often aren't needed to display
an HTML document, which is perhaps the only test that the author
performs after putting it on the server...