multi-lingual web addresses - how do I register?

From: Justin Thorp <juth@loc.gov>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 15:47:02 -0500
To: <www-international@w3.org>

So I read on the article on multi-lingual web addresses, I found it very informative.
http://www.w3.org/International/articles/idn-and-iri/

Maybe I missed it, but my only question is do I register the domain using the non-ASCII characters or do I register the punycode address?

Cheers,
Justin Thorp

PS - Also, to add to the change log for the doc, it looks like IE7 supports using Internationalized domains.

Justin Thorp
Web Services - Office of Strategic Initiatives
Library of Congress
e - juth@loc.gov
p - 202/707-9541