RE: Java I18N

From: <Karen_Broome@spe.sony.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 15:45:27 -0800
To: "Kent Karlsson" <kent.karlsson14@comhem.se>
Cc: "'Addison Phillips'" <addison@yahoo-inc.com>, "'Dave Pawson'" <dave.pawson@gmail.com>, "'I18N'" <www-international@w3.org>
This raises an interesting point.  Unlike Braille, the script is not
encoded and likely won't be as this script doesn't lend itself well to
digital representation, but a cataloguer exchanging digital records in XML
would certainly want to note this orthography as part of a collection's
records.  Would an exception be granted on the ISO 15924 requirements as
for Phaistos or Rongorongo?

Here's a program that can apparently be used to generate Moon docs, but
I'm thinking the characters seen in the top-left corner of the web page
are not truly Moon unless represented in an embossed format.

        http://members.optusnet.com.au/terryk/moon.htm

While Sony Pictures has no immediate plans to release our works in Moon,
I'm interested to hear the outcome of this question. :)

Regards,

Karen Broome
Sony Pictures Entertainment