RE: Java I18N

From: Kent Karlsson <kent.karlsson14@comhem.se>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 08:04:47 +0100
To: <Karen_Broome@spe.sony.com>
Cc: "'Addison Phillips'" <addison@yahoo-inc.com>, "'Dave Pawson'" <dave.pawson@gmail.com>, "'I18N'" <www-international@w3.org>
Karen_Broome wrote:

This raises an interesting point.  Unlike Braille, the script is not
encoded and likely won't be as this script doesn't lend itself well to
digital representation,

Why? It seems to lends itself as much (or as little) to digital
representation as Braille does. Indeed, I would suggest using private
use code points in Unicode to represent the Moon characters (until they
are encoded). If someone makes a proposal document, I don't see any a
priori reason for not encoding Moon characters.

        /kent k