Java I18N

From: Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 18:09:12 +0000
To: I18N <www-international@w3.org>

I'm working on a small project (I18N aware braille) where I'd thought
to use xml:lang on the root  element to define a language+country
specific variant of the content.

Easy for most usage:
http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/Intl/IntlIntro/ seems
to point me
in the right direction, and is based on iso639 and iso3166, having 'variant'
as a possible further extension (not sure how that might apply to xml:lang).

My problem arises with UEBC, http://www.iceb.org/ubc.html
which defines a braille format applicable to most of the English speaking world.
Is this a reasonable interpretation for xml:lang='en' ?

Then I have a tactile variant on Braille, Moon. http://www.moonliteracy.org.uk/
This is en-GB specific, but how might xml:lang encompass this?
Any suggestions appreciated.

regards

--
Dave Pawson