I think IE7 is going to break language negotiation on many servers

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 16:25:05 +0100
To: <www-international@w3.org>

FYI

http://people.w3.org/rishida/blog/?p=68

"The IE7 blog just announced Microsoft's intention to change the way browser preferences for Accept-language are set up by default. Basically your preferences will no longer, by default, be set to fr if you’re French, but to fr-FR instead, ie. your locale as determined by Windows settings.

I think this is going to cause major problems with content negotiation on the Web.

To give a practical example: ..."

Richard Ishida
Internationalization Lead
W3C (World Wide Web Consortium)