RE: Updated article: Two-letter or three-letter language codes

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 18:02:43 +0100
To: "'Chris Lilley'" <chris@w3.org>, "'Addison Phillips'" <addison@yahoo-inc.com>
Cc: "'Martin Duerst'" <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>, <www-international@w3.org>

Hi Chris,

Not in that FAQ. (We try to keep these things very focused on answering just
the question at hand.)

Also, ISO have pledged not to do such a thing for 50 years, I believe, so
although this is of  interest to spec writers such as ourselves, I haven't
so far included it in any of these 'practically oriented' articles. ( I try
to give people what they need, but not swamp them with unnecessary detail.)

Cheers,
RI

Richard Ishida
Internationalization Lead