Re: language table for IDN

From: Martin Duerst <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 15:28:50 +0900
To: "K.G Sulochana" <sulochana@cdactvm.in>, <www-international@w3.org>

At 16:54 06/09/13, K.G Sulochana wrote:

>Some of the RFC's (W3C standards?) related to IDN (RFC 3491, RFC 3454, etc.)
>specifies the character repertoire as Unicode version 3.2.

Correct. IETF, not W3C.

>I would like to
>know if the Character  Table for IDN  for a perticular language can contain
>characters added to the later versions of Unicode.

At present, no. However, there is an understanding that sooner or
later, these RFCs will have to be updated to allow characters from
later Unicode versions. Any specific cases of actual needs for doing
this would be appreciated; it is much easier to push something forward
based on actual needs than based on "we'll have to do this eventually".

Regards,    Martin.