Re: Character encoding information of Http Request

* Richard Ishida wrote:
>If you are aware of current or future standard to retrieve the
>character encoding from the browser, please let me know.

"HTTP request" is rather broad, there are many places in a HTTP requests
where character information is conveyed to web applications, including
the request resource identifier, individual header fields, and the body
of the message. Clients would only need to convey encoding information
if it is possible that different clients use different encodings. This
is typically avoided (through means such as picking the page encoding
properly, or the accept-charset attribute for HTML forms). Where this is
insufficient, http://www.w3.org/TR/web-forms-2/#the-charset can be used
in some browsers. draft-hoehrmann-urlencoded-00 is an upcoming Internet-
Draft that helps removing the need to convey the character encoding to
web applications. I am not sure there are cases where you need _charset_
if you want UTF-8 submissions, though.