RE: People's names

From: Misha Wolf <Misha.Wolf@reuters.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 15:25:16 +0000
To: newsml-2@yahoogroups.com, www-international@w3.org

Dan Brickley wrote:

> (nice to see this discussion happening...)

:-)

> > I see four orthogonal axes (which can be combined as required):
> > part, scope, formality, purpose.

> XML attributes aren't repeatable. Does this nicely suit yor
> intended meaning, or is it a purely syntactic restricution? eg.
> could a single name string have 2 or more values for 'formality'?
> Or do you intend the values for each axis (including their
> extensions) to be mutually exclusive?

The proposal is to use NMTOKENS for multiple values, eg:

  <name scope="scp:work scp:usual">Marilyn Monroe</name>

or:

  <name scope="scp:birth scp:work scp:usual">Lucy Stone</name>

  [See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucy_Stone]

Misha

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Reuters Ltd.