Request for comments: :first-letter in non-Latin scripts

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 17:48:11 -0000
To: <www-international@w3.org>
Cc: <www-style@w3.org>, <public-i18n-core@w3.org>

The W3C i18n Working Group would like to gather information about the usefulness, in general, of the ::first-letter pseudo-element in non-Latin scripts, and any particular issues or differences arising from the different characteristics of the scripts. We would like to hear from you if you have some knowledge/thoughts in this area.

Please read the questions at

and send your comments to www-international @ w3.org
Archive: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-international/

Thank you.

(We may adopt this approach as way of regularly seeking feedback on particular issues.)

Richard Ishida
Internationalization Lead
W3C (World Wide Web Consortium)